Putting students and teachers first...
Welcome to my personal website! Page last updated April 26, 2018
Thank you for reading this website. This site will cease to exist May 2, 2018.
Please note that pages have been added -- Week in Review is now divided by year in to Week in Review(current year and 2017) and Week in Review 2016 and Week in Review 2015.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve on the Jefferson City, Missouri School Board for a three year term beginning April 2015. As one of seven elected school board members, I am here to serve you: the students, teachers, parents and taxpayers of JCPS in Cole and Callaway counties. I will work every day to improve the education of our students, support our teachers, and restore trust in the District.
The opinions expressed on this website are my own. The opinions of the entire school board are expressed through Board meeting agendas, discussion, minutes, summaries and policy. The official website of the Jefferson City (Missouri) Public School District is www.jcschools.us
I was elected to the Jefferson City Public School Board in April 2015. I am a retired healthcare worker who currently also serves on the Board of Directors for the Community Health Center of Central Missouri (CHCCMO).
Previous public service includes:
* Jefferson City School District Long Range Facility Planning Committee from September 2013 through November 2014, formulating a 20 year plan for educational facilities.
* Holts Summit Board of Aldermen from June 2005 to April 2012
* Holts Summit Community Betterment Association (HSCBA): Board of Directors, 2005 - 2012; President June 2010 to May 2012; Newsletter Editor 2005 - 2012
* Mid Missouri Regional Planning Commission: Board of Directors April 2008 to 2012; Chair Economic Development Advisory Committee July 2010 to 2012, member Transportation Advisory Committee 2006 to 2012
* Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO): Board of Directors, 2007 – 2013
* Election Judge, Callaway County, November 2004 through 2010.
Prior to my retirement, I worked in both public and private aspects of healthcare. Starting with neighborhood clinic patient care and progressing to epidemiology at County and State levels in New York. In the private sector, I worked in quality assurance/utilization review in hospital settings (including the old Memorial Community Hospital); as a project manager and in regulatory compliance for pharmaceutical research studies in the U. S. and Canada.
I first moved to the Jefferson City area in 1982. Due to my husband’s transfers, we also made our home in Tennessee, Illinois, Kentucky, Georgia and Florida. After his retirement we returned to Missouri in 2004 and reside in Holts Summit. The Jefferson City area is home to three of his four children and four of six grandchildren. Two grandchildren attend JCPS schools, two attend the University of Missouri following one graduating from Helias Catholic High School and one graduating from Calvary Lutheran High School.
To find out more information about me and the other members of the School Board, please visit the Jefferson City Public Schools website: www.jcschools.us .
I can be reached directly through email or cell phone: firstname.lastname@example.org (573)230-9691. My current school board term ends April 2018.